terça-feira, março 30, 2010

Why we travel?

It's 4.15 in the morning and my alarm clock has just stolen away a lovely dream. My eyes are open but my pupils are still closed, so all I see is gauzy darkness. For a brief moment, I manage to convince myself that my wakefulness is a mistake, and that I can safely go back to sleep. But then I roll over and see my zippered suitcase. I let out a sleepy groan: I'm going to the airport.

[...]
So let's not pretend that travel is always fun. We don't spend 10 hours lost in the Louvre because we like it, [...] (More often than not, I need a holiday after my holiday.)
We travel because we need to, because distance and difference are the secret tonic of creativity. When we get home, home is still the same. But something in our mind has been changed, and that changes everything.

Artigo completo aqui.

3 comentários:

Rutix disse...

Adorei o leaozinho.... e o texto pos-me a pensar....e a escrever... LOL

SCM disse...

Esta última foto fez-me lembrar uma história do PJF, sobre os blues pianists... Pede-lhe que ta conte!

PJF disse...

As coisas de que te lembras!...